ICPI (Interlocking Concrete Paving Institute) Installation Guide
ICPI provides construction guidelines to design professionals and installers of interlocking concrete pavements. At Quality Pavers we follow ICPI standards to insure a long lasting professional installation. Excellence is our Hallmark, Quality is our Trademark.
This pavement structure is commonly used for both pedestrian and vehicular applications. Pedestrian areas, driveways, and areas subject to limited vehicular use are paved with units
2 3/8 in. (60 mm) thick. Streets and industrial pavements should be paved with units at least
3 1/8 in. (80 mm) thick.
Compaction of the soil subgrade and aggregate base materials are essential to the long-term performance of interlocking concrete pavements. As we say "It's all in the Preperation."
Paver Installation Process
1. Demo and Excavate 6''- 9'' of existing surface, Remove and haul away all debris.
2. Compact Native Soil to ensure a firm base.
3. Installation of Geo Fabric Barrier (Optional)
4. Install 3''- 4'' (Pedestrian) or 4''- 6'' (Vehicle),
Of Class II Roadbase.
5. Drainage System Installation (Optional)
6. Compact Base to a 98% compaction ratio.
7. Install 1'' of Sharp Angled Bedding Sand.
8. Install Desired Pavers and Design.
9. Compact Pavers.
10. Install Polymeric Joint Sand and Compact
Pavers per ICPI Standards.
11. Wash and Clean Pavers.
12. Apply Environment Protective Sealer (Otional)